Saturday, March 24, 2007

Dr. Appt.

I had a routine appointment today. I've gained five pound in the past four weeks. Eek. It was expected though...I've been eating nothing but fast food lately. Doc said the ultrasound showed no problems and the fibroids are very small and shouldn't pose any problems. My blood pressure was higher than normal, but still in the normal range. Last appt. it was 98/54. This appt. it was 122/78. I go back in three weeks for my "long" appointment in which I discuss my labor/birth wishes, what to look for in regards to preterm labor, where to go when I go into labor, etc.

I've been told that at this point in time, there's no reason to call the doctor or hospital if I think there is something wrong...to just go straight to the hospital. That really made me realize just how close I am to having this baby! Oh my gosh, we're already talking about when I go into labor!!! After my next appointment, I start appointments every two weeks, then at 36 weeks, I start weekly appointments!

I expressed my concern over the change in due date and the doctor said that the ultrasound can be off by up to two and a half weeks and that he's fine letting me go up to five weeks "overdue" as long as the baby looks good to compensate for the amount that the ultrasound could have been off and that some babies just need 42 weeks to fully mature, but he wasn't comfortable letting me go any further than that, which I'm fine with. So, baby can come at any point from June 9th to July 21st without any intervention to stop or start it.

No comments: