Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Oh baby

39.5 week appointment today. Just as I suspected, my little girl is breech. :( So, what does this mean for me? Well, on a good note, it means I get to meet my baby this week! On a bad note, the reason I know this is because I will either be induced or have a c-section. :(

When Sera was breech, I went to have her turned. The doctor walked in, asked me how large my previous babies had been and said, "Well, I can already tell you how this is going to go...I don't turn big babies, but we'll take a look anyways." Thankfully, Sera had flipped head down, so I was able to just wait to go into labor naturally. I'm REALLY hoping this baby will do the same. If the perinatologist WILL flip her and does so successfully (there's less than a 70% chance that it will be successful) they will induce me that day. Unfortunately, I'm not dilated at all yet, so I'm not a very good candidate for induction...which could mean a really long and hard labor that could very well end in a c-section. :( If he can't or won't flip her, my doctor wants to schedule a c-section for Friday.

The thought of a c-section scares me to death. I've had five babies...none have been induced or been delivered via c-section. I HATE the thought of this last baby having to come that way. I know they're fairly "routine" these days, but a major abdominal surgery will never be "routine" in my eyes. There are always possibilities of complications...for both mother and baby. Not to mention that I have five kids at home that need me to do pretty much EVERYTHING for them. How on earth am I supposed to do that while recovering from a c-section? Ugh...this just doesn't sound good.

I'm really hoping she'll just flip on her own and they'll let me go into labor naturally!

No comments: